A good gluten-free bagel, say what? It’s definitely one of the things you miss most where bagels are ever-present. But what if you are gluten-free?
No worries this recipe is as easy as it is delicious.
I have you covered! These bagels are super easy to make.
You don’t have to give up favorite breakfast foods like bagels just because you can’t eat gluten. I recommend making a double batch and keeping them in the freezer. They’ll stay fresh there for a few months, but I’d be shocked if they weren’t eaten up long before that. One of my favorite ways to use these bagels to make avocado toast.
You can mix everything together in the same bowl so there are even fewer dishes to wash.
I like to make this recipe best with Bob's Red Mill flour as it has proved to give the most consistent results.
You also could switch up the recipe by using different toppings. Our favorite is always everything but the bagel seasoning 😊
If however you are a cinnamon raisin fan feel free to add 1 tsp of cinnamon and some raisins to the batter. And to be decadent use vanilla almond milk!
Anyway, the bagels that are prepared are going to be a hit in your home.
Makes 12 Bagels | Prep time 15 minutes | Cook time 20-25 minutes
2 cups of Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 flour
2 cups of oat flour
2 teaspoons salt
5 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups almond milk
2 large eggs
Toppings of choice
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
3. Separate the eggs. Beat whites until frothy but not peaks.
4. In a large bowl, mix frothy whites with the almond milk.
5. Add the dry ingredients.
6. With oiled hands make 12 balls of dough.
7. Make a hole in the center of each ball with your finger and place it on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
8. Mix egg yolks with a splash of water and brush over the bagels.
9. Sprinkle with your favorite topping.
10. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
11. If desired to be more crispy, broil for 30 seconds.
12. Cool, slice, freeze, and enjoy!